International companies, investors and organisations face a new world order shaped by unprecedented dynamics and risks that impact on business models, investment planning, the P&L, markets and operations. Today’s leaders must steer their organizations and keep control against the backdrop of this volatile environment.
We can support you in this task. Through our engagement with more than 50 experts and advisors around the globe, and our exchanges with leading think tanks and key opinion leaders, we anticipate, interpret and prioritize key geopolitical and macro dynamics.
We conduct foresight scenario planning exercises, carry out studies (such as the BGA-MAP-KPMG study, THE FUTURE OF THE EUROPEAN BANKING SECTOR: What comes after COVID-19?) and deliver tailor-made executive briefings.
Our Geopolitics as a Service model caters to sophisticated clients looking for a second opinion and organizations without the in-house capacities to cover the key macro issues of our time and their impact on companies with global footprint.
- Geostrategic paradigm shifts
- Mega-drivers, trends and scenarios
- Geopolitics, sustainability and technology (GST)
Key issues for 2023 include:
- Outlook for major power relations
- Degobalisation and fragmentation
- U.S. – China rivalry and Taiwan scenarios
- Scenarios for the war in Ukraine
- Conflict with Iran over nuclear, tensions in the Middle East
- Outlook for global energy crisis, including scramble for rare earths and energy supplies
- Inflation, tightening monetary policy, rising debt, slowing economic growth globally
- Transatlantic relations amid industrial policy bid (IRA / EU response) and war in Ukraine
- Asian dynamics: RCEP, Digitial Silk Road, South China Sea