Berlin Global Advisors
risk & investment advisory services to financial investors and corporate clients.
Our focus is on international deal intelligence & advisory where BGA can best leverage what clients call “a private Foreign Service run by investment bankers”.
BGA’s SEEHITT (Security, Energy, Education, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Transport & Technology) model is geared towards sectors where global politics and policy making play a crucial role.
We deliver our services through our institutionalized platform that we have built over 15 years:
- BGA Advisors who have held key positions in diplomacy,
- regulatory experts
We think like investors, work like diplomats and act as entrepreneurs.
Our mission: Help clients generate Political Alpha
Berlin Global Advisors
Reasons clients hire BGA
- Understand geopolitical risks to businesses and investments in an increasingly uncertain and multi-polar world
- Reduce external risks in M&A, Foreign Direct Investments, international joint ventures or IPOs
- Navigate political and regulatory risks impacting equity, credit, currency and commodities markets
- Integrate international political risk management into business operations to protect value chains
- Defend business interests in Berlin, Brussels, Washington, Beijing and other G20 capitals
- Comply with increasing demand from financial markets and authorities to manage political risks proactively
- Stay on top of Environmental, Social & Governance policies as ESG will become a driving force for institutional investment strategies
- Gain access to Germany as the largest EU economy and Berlin emerging as “the new Washington”
- International trade & investment policy: tariffs, sanctions, export controls, FDI screening, embargoes
- M&A: political factors influencing approval by governments, EU Commission, DoJ/CFIUS.
- Regulatory risks: energy, transport, finance (banks/insurance/FinTech), infrastructure, healthcare, real estate
- Cyber threats and risks assessments
- Macro policy: Euro area, U.S., China
- German Policy: EU reform, Macron/Merkel, Berlin’s position on Italy, Greece, Transatlantic Relations, financial regulation, fiscal policy, budget, labour laws etc.
- Scenarios and strategic foresight on long term issues and developments
- Deal Advisory: Provide support for clients engaged in direct investments, equity, debt, distressed, M&A, activist situations
- Trade: Access to decision-makers, institutions, alliance building
- Crisis Support: Negotiations with governments and authorities; mediation & conflict resolution
- Business development: Identification of investment opportunities, bid support with public tenders, working with governments
- ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance): Advising asset managers and boards on corporate governance and long term shareholder value.
- Strategic Positioning: Meeting programs, curated events, outreach.
- Trade Wars
- FDI Restrictions
- Cyber Attacks
- Energy Security
- Major Power Conflict
- „America First“
- Tariffs on imports
- “National Interests” in FDI and merger approval
- Sanction policies
- U.S.-China relations
- Stricter FDI rules
- Italian banks
- Rising populism
- Conflict between Saudi-Arabia and Iran
- War Syria and Iraq
- Instability in Egypt, Algeria, North Africa
- Islamic State
- Conflict with Ukraine
- NATO tensions
- Energy security
- Cyber / hybrid warfare
- Internal stability
- One Belt, One Road power projection
- South China Sea
- National champion policy
- Hunt for resources
- Digital surveillance
- Nuclear threat to South Korea
- Global value chain implications